FS2004 Douglas DC-3 "Matrix Movie Series"
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 4.28 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A repaint of the default DC-3 in Matrix livery. Textures only. By Mike Wilson.
Screenshot of Matrix themed Douglas DC-3 in flight.
- Unzip the contents of this file to a temporary directory.
- Copy the folder "texture.Matrix" and paste it into your Douglas_DC3 folder. This should be located in *:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3. The * will of course be the drive you have FS9 installed on. For example C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\etc...
- Copy and paste the following section into the "aircraft.cfg" file of your Douglas_DC3 folder. (backup your original aircraft.cfg first!)
title=Douglas DC-3 Matrix
description=A fictional livery based on the Matrix movie series.
The "x" in [fltsim.x] should be replaced with the next number that corresponds to the number of planes listed in the aircraft.cfg. For example: If this is the 5th plane listed in your aircraft.cfg, you would change [fltsim.x] to [fltsim.5].
I also suggest you disable the tail number at the aircraft selection screen in FS9 as it interfers with this particular paint scheme. I have placed a permanent registration number on the aircraft.
One other note:
The folder "32 bit texture" contains an alternate version of the main bitmap (Douglas_DC3_1_T) and as the folder title suggests, it's a 32 bit mipped texture. You may replace the DXT3 texture in the "texture.Matrix" folder with the 32 bit texture if you wish. Being 32 bit it demands more PC resources but also looks better IMHO, I suppose it depends on your particular system specs.
The archive matrix.zip has 16 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|read me.txt||11.16.03||2.45 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.