FS2004 Kenaire Corp. Convair CV-240 N240K
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.59 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Built in 1948 for American Airlines with Msn 89. In 1959 purchased by Welsch Aviation, fitted with an executive interior and sold to Joseph Kennedy for use in the 1960 presidential campaign of his son, Senator John F. Kennedy. The aircraft was operated by Kenaire Corporation until 1967 when it was donated to the National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution, where it is still in storage in dismantled condition. The "Caroline" was the first private aircraft ever used by a presidential candidate and thus revolutionised modern American politics. Original aircraft by Greg Pepper and Tom Gibson, flight dynamics by FSAviator, repainted in 1960 colours by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory supported by John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, and National Air and Space Museum, Washington DC.
This package is used to update the flight dynamics of an FS2002 aircraft to FS2004. There have been enough changes in FS2004 that this plane will not fly identically to that in FS2002, but I have tried to minimize most differences.
- Download and install the FS2002 plane in FS2004. Use the instructions in the plane's text file, replacing references to FS2002 with FS2004.
- In the plane's folder (inside the FS2004 AIRCRAFT folder) rename the aircraft.cfg file to aircraft.orig.cfg. Click the name once, and then edit it.
- Now unzip this archive into the same plane's folder in step #2. It will overwrite the AIR file, and perhaps the checklist file.
- To get your plane to have the right "identity", open both the new aircraft.cfg file and the original aircraft.orig.cfg file by double clicking them. Copy the [fltsim.0] section from the aircraft.orig.cfg file and paste it into the new aircraft.cfg file, overwriting the existing [fltsim.0] section.
- Now go fly your new plane in FS2004, A Century of Flight!
title=CV-240 JFK 1960
ui_variation=John F. Kennedy's personal aircraft 1960
description=Convair CV-240 N240K, built in 1948 for American Airlines with Msn 89. In 1959 purchased by Welsch Aviation, fitted with an executive interior and sold to Joseph Kennedy for use in the 1960 presidential campaign of his son, Senator John F. Kennedy. The aircraft was operated by Kenaire Corporation until 1967 when it was donated to the National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution, where it is still in storage in dismantled condition.The "Caroline" was the first private aircraft ever used by a presidential candidate and thus revolutionized modern American politics. Original aircraft by Greg Pepper and Tom Gibson, Flight dynamics by FSAviator, repainted in 1960 colors by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory supported by John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, and National Air and Space Museum, Washington DC
The archive c24jfk01.zip has 40 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.