FSX Daytona Beach Scenery
Daytona Beach, Florida (FL). Updated scenery for KDAB airport and surrounding area. Includes the addition of Daytona International Speedway; seaplane dock at Halifax River landing area 1FD1; Main Street pier; Ponce Inlet lighthouse, jetties and marinas; landclass corrections; Embry Riddle Univers...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.44 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Daytona Beach, Florida (FL). Updated scenery for KDAB airport and surrounding area. Includes the addition of Daytona International Speedway; seaplane dock at Halifax River landing area 1FD1; Main Street pier; Ponce Inlet lighthouse, jetties and marinas; landclass corrections; Embry Riddle University Flight Center and Tech Center; and airport changes at KDAB and KEVB. This scenery has been tested using Ultimate Terrain X and WOAI. By Art Poole.
Daytona Beach Scenery.
If scenery for Daytona International Speedway has previously been installed, it needs to be removed or deactivated. Uncheck this in the addon scenery library within FSX. Any afcad files previously added for KDAB, KEVB and 1FD1 need to be removed from the Addon Scenery>scenery folder (move to a folder outside of FSX).
1. Extract the zip file and place the "Daytona Beach FL" folder into [Flight Simulator X> Addon Scenery].
2. Start FSX and go the to SCENERY LIBRARY under settings, then click on ADD AREA. Locate and add "Daytona Beach FL" in your Addon Scenery directory.
To revert back to FSX default, uncheck the added scenery in the Scenery Library list.
1. The "Options" folder includes a version of the KDAB airport file that makes runway 16/34 active for assignment by ATC. This utilizes Jim Vile's crosswind runway technique. If desired, replace KDAB_ADE_AJP.bgl with KDAB_ADE_X_AJP.bgl in the Daytona Beach FL>scenery folder.
2. Also included in the "Options" folder is an AI traffic bgl for some Embry Riddle flights. To utilize this, place the Traffic_Florida.bgl file into the FSX Scenery>World>Scenery folder. For proper parking assignments at KDAB, add "atc_parking_codes=ERH" to the C172 aircraft.cfg file under the [fltsim.5] aircraft description. This "aircraft.cfg" file is found in FSX under SimObjects>Airplanes>C172.
This scenery is freeware, and may not be reproduced in whole, or any part for profit. There is no warranty. Thanks to Airport Design Editor, Google Earth, Manifold Toolbar and SBuilder freeware for making this possible. Daytona International Speedway is a trademark of International Speedway Corporation.
Daytona Beach Scenery.
The archive daybchfl.zip has 59 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Daytona Beach FL||07.12.08||0 B|
|flight ctr.bgl||06.17.08||33.44 kB|
|tech ctr.bgl||06.21.08||40.79 kB|
|dis logo.bmp||01.19.08||257.05 kB|
|ERU Flight Ctr.JPG||07.12.08||160.32 kB|
|Ponce Inlet.JPG||07.12.08||124.41 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.