FSX 76m STRM Mesh for Southern Africa Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 40.15 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 4 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
76m STRM Mesh for Southern Africa. A highly detailed 76m LOD 9 SRTM mesh for Southern Africa, covering the area of base file 0705, area south of S22° 30' and east of E030°. It also includes the southern part of Madagascar. This mesh replaces the earlier Aeroworx SA mesh FSXWorx0705 and FSXMesh0705 and now includes a buffer mesh. By Hannes Steyn, Johan van Wyk, Aeroworx.
76m STRM Mesh for Southern Africa Scenery.
INSTALLATION - FSX
1. Unzip the file “FSXMesh0705upd1.zip” to a temp directory. We strongly suggest that you create a directory for keeping the future Aeroworx FSX download scenery files.
2. Double click the “FSXMesh0705.exe” file and the auto installer will start. The installer will get your FSX install path from the registry, just follow the simple instructions.
3. You may also install the file to a temp directory. You will then be able to see the directory structure. Then copy the files over to the proper directories in FSX. DO NOT place our files in your own directories, future updates will only look for the files where the installer installed them to.
4. Restart FS again and the scenery should be activated.
1. Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution.
2. DO NOT use any other add-on meshes with this scenery.
3. Sunken or raised lakes and airfields: Any high-res terrain mesh tends to reveal the often-inaccurate default lake and airport elevations.
4. Incompatibility with 3rd-party scenery add-ons: Any add-on terrain mesh can negatively impact scenery add-ons outside of default airports.
5. Due to the limitations in the 76m mesh, water in dams will not always level and up to the dam wall (Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution).
This scenery was created using:
Microsoft Scenery SDK SP2
Scenery Builder - Luis Sá
Various scanning and digitising programs.
The archive fsxmesh0705upd1.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.