FsDreamteam updates O'Hare scenery to version 1.1.
These are the fixes:
- De-Icing added in the Pad 28 Aerea, there are 4 vehicles, operating only in Winter with Snow
- Corrected some textures problems in the airport signs
- Corrected names for stands M1 to M6
- Night textures resolution doubled to fix the grid effect at night in FS9
- AFCAD - Fixed taxiways width
- AFCAD - Diamond technique used at runway intersections
- AFCAD - Added instrumental approaches in FS9
Screenshot demonstrating the scenery package.
Since this last update, though, the FSDreamTeam mod for O’Hare has gone through yet another batch of changes. Now known as V2.0, this latest edition helps to add even more quality to the package. This is now actually two products sold as one – you get a program that works entirely with both FS9 and FSX, should you still be one of the few who uses FS9.
So, what’s been added this time around? What has been changed and improved since V2 was released?
- A new range of quality ground textures is used, making the most of the high-resolution textures on both simulators for sumptuous detail.
- Also, it’s seamlessly integrated into the world around it, ensuring that obvious start & stop points can be removed.
- New animated, inverse-kinematics-based jetways are now being used in the FSX edition, too!
- Full AES support for both FS9 and FSX, further amplifying the enjoyment of your flight.
- New animated custom ground vehicles plug around the airport, adding an extra volume and depth to the activity going on around you.
- New advanced material properties are being used in FSX, such as bump and specular mapping for the finest finish.
- 3D taxiway lighting allows for a more authentic and engaging flight experience that makes taking off simpler, too.
- LOD techniques are improved in order to offer the best level of performance while making it look spectacular.
- The vegetation used will now react to the season that you are flying in, with snow-covered trees a particular highlight.
- HD resolutions are used on all buildings, making sure that they reflect the airport's overall look.
- Lastly, a full remake of the Runways 9L/27/R has been included as part of Version 2.0.
So, if you don’t already own V2, you should do yourself a favor and pick it up as soon as possible!
To update, go to www.fsdreamteam.com Web site, and download the installer, for FS2004 or FSX.
Don't forget, we also have freeware O'Hare scenery in the file library here.