Jackson Hole is considered one of the most scenic airports in the western United States. Jackson Hole is the only airport in the United States located inside a national park – the airport is situated inside Grand Teton National Park. Located in the northwestern Wyoming, the park consists of the main peaks of the 40-mile long Teton Range and the northern part of the Jackson Hole.
The airport’s unique location means that this is an amazing airport to fly into, with stunning scenery to enjoy. In a survey carried out by PrivateFly.com in 2011, Jackson Hole Airport was ranked third in the category of world's best airport approaches.
The airport is not easy to fly into. Seasonal weather, high altitude, and the airport’s short runway make flying into Jackson Hole particularly difficult. There has been a number of overshoot incidents by both business aircraft and airliners at the airport.
As the primary gateway for tourists and air travellers going to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks and western Wyoming, the airport is a busy hub of activity. The airport went through a major $30 million expansion in 2009, and has a unique design that matches well with the distinctive backdrop of the national park.
Flight simulation enthusiasts can enjoy flying into this beautiful region with Jackson Hole Airport for FSX. This scenery add-on has been designed for tubeliner and "low and slow" simmers alike in mind. You will see a wide range of aircraft – airlines such as Boeing 757s, business jets and GA traffic.
The add-on features a 1m photoreal area that covers the whole Jackson Hole and Teton Range – this means there is a vast scenic terrain for you to explore. You can use this scenery add-on together with other high-end aircraft add-ons.
- A vast photoreal coverage of the entire Jackson Hole airport and Teton Range
- A very detailed portrayal of the airport, including all buildings and vehicles at the airport
- New StaticFlow models - high-fidelity static aircraft that go together with your existing AI
- Airport and approaches coverage – 7cm, and greater Jackson Hole area & Teton Range – 1m
- Nature flow and People Flow 2 is enabled
- Blends flawlessly with FTX NA CRM - the first airport available in this region
- Frame rate friendly
- Customizable through a control panel
- Suited for use with a wide range of high-end aircraft add-ons
Since this is an Orbx FTX airport, you will need to install Orbx FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest before use.