The rumors have been heard on the grapevine for some time – and now, it’s official. Prepar3D, the popular alternative simulator for those looking outside the X-Plane/Microsoft Flight Simulator, is getting a new version. With v3 of P3D now beginning to show a few rough edges, it was felt that it was time for a facelift. Now, we can look forward to the latest and greatest version of P3D: version 4.
v4 has just been announced and, as ever, details are pretty thin on the ground. What we do know, though, is that the development team will be releasing completely on 30th May. This offers the chance for you to see the progression and improvement being made in this latest release first-hand. This is going to be very exciting, so be sure to get some alarms set for 2 PM EST: this is when the new version is going to be released!
Prepar3D v4 announcement artwork.
Of course, we’ll be covering the release and making sure that you have all the information, fact and opinion about Prepar3D v4. We’ll be looking to bring the information directly to you. So, what do we know already about this latest release? What’s been spoken about?
A Fast Response
Given that Flight Sim World from Dovetail Games has seen a lot of mixed reviews over the use of Early Access, a full – and early – release of v4 will be well-received. This is going to create a lot of hype, given that most releases tend to come with very little information. With the full release just a week away, then, it’s already got the clocks ticking down across simulation fans across the world.
With over eight years of work going into v4, though, it’s easy to see why this release has happened so fast. Lockheed Martin have always been very studious about new content and extra releases, so it’s no surprise to see that this is going to be a typically fast response. “Training” will start on the 30th May when the release hits us, so we’ll all find out for ourselves what we think quite soon.
So, what can those who are tired of v3 look forward to when they make the big leap from 3 to 4?
- A fantastic new work on the landscape. This fresh new baseline update moves to 64-bit.
- This new architecture is in line with other simulation releases and will improve visuals massively.
- With new and higher resolution visuals, then, this is going to offer a glut of new visual improvements.
- More objects can appear on screen than ever before, too, using the extensive handling power of the P3D engine.
- Dynamic lighting has been included alongside much more impressive 3D autogen content.
- Default vehicles have been improved with many new changes to help round every model out.
- Larger scenarios mean that we can have even more fun, challenge and reward than ever before!
- Weather effects including rain and snow are now included for that addition challenge in the skies.
- Better precision in how data is handled, read and then utilized within the simulator for the most impressive look.
- Performance has been updated to showcase a much more realistic quality to the whole simulation.
That’s just some of the features that we already know about. With detail so thin on the ground, it’s going to be exciting to see where Prepar3D v4 falls in the pantheon of new releases we are seeing. Stay tuned for more information – and, remember to be free on the 30th.