As X-Plane 11 continues to see all manner of new additions added to it, Carenado has released an interesting take on the Beechcraft 1900. This comprehensive platform is just what you need when you want to experience the B1900D as it should feel.
A strong and weighty aircraft, this will make it easier for you to see the full potential and power that it holds in abundance. Using this add-on, users should be able to get a feel for what the aircraft brings to the table.
- Designed specifically for use with X-Plane 11, with all features and dynamics made to suit a more modern engine.
- Flight physics and handling have been adjusted to make sure they fit the standards that X-Plane 11 demands from all aircraft.
- Physically-based rendering of materials and textures ensures that everything looks great without performance dips or drops.
- New PBR materials are authored with the industry-standard software that is most commonly used in the movie and gaming industries for maximum output.
- New effects such as ice and rain effects are added to help create a much more professional, immersive cockpit experience.
- Fully compatible with the Goodway platform, so users of this should feel right at home here.
- New compatible click-spots are available for anyone looking to fly using VR technology.
- Realistic aviation behavior in accordance with the real aircraft, with weight and balance matching the real thing as closely as possible.
- Tested by real pilots to make sure it is as accurate and as honest to reality as possible.
- New and improved dynamic loading/unloading of all 3D parts ensure that FPS can be optimized and better managed for improved performance without reducing quality.
Official Carenado Video
Alongside a wealth of new features, the developers have added 5 new HD liveries for you to enjoy. Each one is built upon an authentic image of the B1900D, making sure it looks just as it does when in the sky above. Also, it comes with a blank HD livery if you want to get creative and develop a look and style for yourself. Whether you make one for your own airline or for a missing design, anyone with Photoshop skills can get to work.
It also comes with a host of new PDF documents for you to learn from. From the Emergency and Normal Procedures checklist to Performance Tables and EFIS/EVSI X-Plane PDFs, this offers plenty of education to go along with it. It also offers a simple Recommended Settings PDF to make sure you can get maximum performance if you need to adjust your settings at all.
You can view this X-Plane 11 model over at SimShack. Or you can also view our freeware B1900 for FSX over in the file library here (also works in P3D).