Carenado has released its Beechcraft B58 Baron add-on for X-Plane.
The Beechcraft Baron is a twin-engined, light aircraft with three main variants, namely Baron 55, Baron 56 and Baron 58, and numerous sub-variants. Initially developed by Beech Aircraft Corporation, the Beechcraft Baron is presently manufactured by Hawker Beechcraft Corporation.
Introduced in 1961, the Beechcraft Baron is a variant of the Beechcraft Bonanza. From the time of its inception, the Beechcraft Baron has been one of the leading light airplanes. Developed from the Baron 55, the Baron 58 was introduced in 1969. Baron 58 is fitted with a Continental IO-550 or IO-520 300-hp engine, depending on the variant.
The add-on has a highly interactive virtual cockpit that features advanced and trendy avionics, very detailed animations, moving parts, and numerous liveries. Beechcraft B58 Baron for X-Plane comes with the original KFC225 autopilot installed.
- High quality digital sounds from the original Beechcraft B58 Baron
- 3D gauges with realistic effects
- 2 GNS430 installed
- Numerous, detailed animations – doors, ladders, sun visors, and more
- A wide range of moving parts – elevators, flaps, rolling wheels, ailerons, rudders
- 2D windows for cameras – different cameras can be set for different views, and options for creating invisible windows, tinted windows, etc
- Realistic exterior lights, navigation lights and landing lights
- Nightlight effects on panel
- 3D modelled pilot figures, animated
- 3D cockpit area – very detailed and animated
- Virtual cockpit has toggle yoke visibility
- A wide array of details, including antennas, pitot, pitot cover, baggage area etc
- IFR certification
- Original paint designs and realistic textures
- An accurate representation of flight characteristics
The package also includes:
- 4 liveries
- 1 blank texture
- Several PDF documents for the user, including autopilot manual, normal and emergency procedures report, recommended settings manual and B58 reference book
- Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7 / MAC OS 10.3.9 / Linux
- XPlane 9.6 (or higher)
- Pentium 2 GHz - 4GB RAM/512 MB VRAM
- 252MB available hard disk space
You can grab the aircraft over at SimShack.net.