Portland International Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 31.26 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Portland International Airport (KPDX), Oregon (OR). Includes two versions, one with the crosswind runway operating (3/21) and one without. Adds missing gates, assigns parking. Includes rebuilt service road. By Ray Smith.
These 2 BGL files are only for the FSX default airport: one with the Xwind rwy 3/21 operating and one without: some missing gates now added, assigned parking including extra parking additional fuel trucks, the support Vehicle road around the terminals and airport have been completely rebuilt and a Helipad added to the GA appron, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view) please view the readme before installation, fully tested with Ultimate Traffic but not required.
There are 2 BGL files: FSX_kpdx.BGL and FSX_kpdx_cw.BGL. The 'FSX_kpdx_cw.BGL' version is with All rwy's activated, the other version FSX_kpdx.BGL is without parking is the same in both.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE 'kpdx.BGL' FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other kpdx.bgl.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the FSX_kpdx_cw.BGL file you will hear the fake rwy's, this is the method used in activating Xwind rwy's created by Jim Vile and should be ignored or if preferred use the version FSX_kpdx.BGL.
- Simply take the BGL file of your choice and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight sim and the changes will be present.
- Delete the BGL file and the default will then be active.
I hope you like the improvements, this is only a basic gate change with a few more changes and a general tidy up. If any MS errors are here they will still remain until an AFCAD style program is available.
Lee Swordy is surely missed but not forgotten.
TIP: When at KPDX in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle". Allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my X52 controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive fsxkpdx2.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.