FSX Lockheed P-38 Lightning Fear The Reaper
This is David C. Copley's P38 Lightning updated for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. This aircraft carries The Grim Reaper into battle "Fear The Reaper". This aircraft includes a 2D panel by Mel Mutter. 3D panel by RDG Aircraft works in FSX. Also included is War Emergency power effect. Updates and t...
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 17.01 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is David C. Copley's P38 Lightning updated for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. This aircraft carries The Grim Reaper into battle "Fear The Reaper". This aircraft includes a 2D panel by Mel Mutter. 3D panel by RDG Aircraft works in FSX. Also included is War Emergency power effect. Updates and textures by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.
Screenshot of Lockheed P-38 on the ground.
As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " P-38 Army " Fear The Reaper" and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\SIM Objects /Aircraft.
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will contain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
- Unzip the gauges folder and put the gauges in the FSX gauges folder located at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Gauges " If you desire you don't have to gauges work just fine in the panel folder...
When using Mel Mutter's Original P-38 Panel in the Panel file only used a [VCockpit01] yet the Model was created with a [VCockpit01] & [VCockpit04] This left gamers looking out to their left and seeing a 1024 X 1024 Black square . The solution was to add a [VCockpit04] and I just made the a pixel size 1 x 1 This panel uses Mell Mutter's panel in 2D and the original Texture as the 3D panel this rework makes both work correctly .
Original text from the David C original P-38
gauge00=xp38nmod!Magnetic-Compass, 198, 199, 48
Made Simpler. Make sure all files are unzipped the New Plane folder should contain 6 files unzipped they are CFG Airfile Sound Model Texture Panel the New Plane folder with the 6 files goes in the game aircraft folder found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes follow the path ie open the c drive then open program files then open Microsoft Games then open Microsoft Flight Simulator X then open SimObjects then open Airplanes folder the New Plane goes in that folder.
The archive p38ftr.zip has 30 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|P-38 Army Fear The Reaper.zip||05.20.12||12.73 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||05.20.12||3.89 kB|
|Reg. Text.txt||05.20.12||363 B|
|Sreen shot Fear The Reaper.jpg||05.20.12||61.49 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.