FSX VARIG Douglas C-47
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 8.69 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 29 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures for the Douglas C47 by Manfred Jahn and team. The textures depict the C-47A PP-VBF of the Brazilian airline VARIG. It remained in service until August 1971. C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0 required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP), optionally also the interior model tweak (C47_INTERIOR.ZIP). This repaint was created by using the original paint kit released with the aircraft. By Huub Vink.
- Unzip to a temporary location.
- Copy the folder "texture.VARIG_PPVBF" to your "Douglas_C-47" sub-directory in FSX.
- Copy and paste the following entry into the aircraft.cfg file inside the "Douglas_C-47" sub-directory (replacing the XX with the next number in line after your last existing paint scheme - if the last paint scheme already on the list is fltsim.6, this should be fltsim.7)
Title=Douglas C-47 VARIG PPVBF
ui_typerole=Twin Engine Prop
description= The C-47A-50-DL (cn 10156) PP-VBF in the colours of the Brasilian airliner VARIG. This aircraft was delivered to the USAAF in 1942 as 42-24294. After the war it was sold to Hughes Tool Company. Who re-sold it to VARIG, where it was used to transport both cargo as passengers. It remained in service until August 1971. It was completely restored by the VARIG maintenance and put on display.
The archive c47_varig.zip has 22 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|em 1975.jpg||09.18.11||50.69 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.