Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.
Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.
Flights For The Space Shuttle Atlantis. At the first flight you do a reentry from the orbit back to the stratosphere with the engines turned off. Glowing flames appears at the windshield of your cockpit. In the external view you will see fireballs dancing around your shuttle. The second flight is the final approach to Cape Canaveral/Florida. The space shuttle ATLANTIS-1.ZIP from Bruce Fitzgerald is required. Flights from Erwin Welker.
1. Install the great animated shuttle from Bruce Fitzgerald with its Effects first (atlantis-1.zip).
2. Copy the folder with my flights (Flight Simulator X Files) to the place where you have all the others. It should be somewhere at the OWN Files.
3. Edit the aircraft.cfg and replace the original Light configuration with my one.
4. Copy the Effects into the main directory of FSX
5. Copy the Panel (configoration-file only) into your Space Shuttle Atlantis, if you are using the original from Bruce Fitzgerald. There is a strobelight-switch added (gauge35). If you are using another panel then add this gauge somewhere at your panel. With this strobelight you can turn off the fire effect.
INSTRUCTIONS and ORDERS:
For both flights: After loading the Flight (with complete shuttle on tank with boosters) release the boosters (Sh E2) and the tank (Shift E3).
Flight 1 - Load the flight "Space shuttle reentry":
1. Keep the engines off for the reentry.
2. At the beginning you will see fireflames at your windshield.
3. After you have reached the stratosphere savely turn off the strobelights (right above the compass) to disable the fire effects.
Flight 2 - Load the flight "Space Shuttle Landing approach for Cape Canaveral":
1. In reality the shuttle performes the approach as a fast glider. Here in the sim you should keep the engines on, otherwides the attitude.gau will not work. You can do the complete approach with throttle in zero position.
2. Soon you will see the landing area. Try to hold 356° and a speed of apr. 470 kn for approach and 300 kn for landing. Before landing change your trimming an keep the nose up.
This file is FREEWARE. It should not harm your computer, but you install it on your own risk.
Feel free to copy or to distribute it, but don't make any money with it. It is not permitted to use it for commercial-purpose.
The archive shtl-rey.zip has 21 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Flight Simulator X Files||12.26.09||0 B|
|Space Shuttle Landing approach for Cape Canaveral.FLT||12.26.09||9.95 kB|
|Space Shuttle Landing approach for Cape Canaveral.FSSAVE||12.26.09||203.77 kB|
|Space Shuttle Landing approach for Cape Canaveral.WX||12.26.09||88.74 kB|
|Space shuttle reentry.FLT||12.26.09||9.82 kB|
|Space shuttle reentry.FSSAVE||12.26.09||53.99 kB|
|Space shuttle reentry.WX||12.26.09||95.16 kB|
|Lights for aircraft.cfg.cfg||12.26.09||711 B|
|Landing CapeCanaveral.JPG||12.25.09||57.33 kB|
|Reentry (1).jpg||12.26.09||18.92 kB|
|Reentry (2).jpg||12.26.09||32.41 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.