In February 2010, Newport announced its release of VFR Molokai Hawaii, a photoreal scenery with day, night, dawn and dusk textures for the beautiful Hawaiian island.
VFR Molokai Hawaii is a new addition to a series of Newport’s previous great FSX Hawaiian scenery products, namely Megascenery X Hawaii and Hawaii Dillingham X. VFR Molokai Hawaii scenery add-on is a day/night/dawn/dusk scenery of the whole island of Molokai Hawaii. Molokai is the fifth largest of the main Hawaiian Islands.
In spite of its stunning natural beauty, pristine tropical landscape and rich Hawaiian traditions, tourism development is very limited on the island. Residents of Molokai have resisted attempts to dramatically increase tourism during the past few years. Nevertheless, the island has a very visitor-friendly culture.
The scenery add-on is made from high resolution 1m per pixel satellite imagery that looks wonderful from any altitude. VFR Molokai Hawaii is not only satellite imagery land / water; it also has custom placed autogen buildings, vegetation, and custom airport enhancements.
Key features of this add-on are as follows:
- Photoreal high resolution 1m per pixel textures for the whole island of Molokai Hawaii
- Photoreal water textures of Molokai's surrounding coastal beaches and water
- Precisely placed buildings and trees to match Molokai's landscape
- Custom placed airport scenery for Molokai Airport
- Day, night, dawn, and dusk island textures
- A frame rate friendly scenery that allows the user to change the autogen settings
VFR Molokai Hawaii is designed to blend with the default water where the scenery border ends, and this ensures a smooth transition back to default water.
Other press releases by Newport related to the release of other products, namely: VFR Cozumel, Photo Real San Antonio and Photo Real Buffalo/Niagara X.