Carenado announced its release of PA32R 301 Saratoga SP for FS2004 in February 2010.
Over the past few years, Carenado has created many products for FSX and FS2004. Their latest release, Piper PA32R 301 Saratoga, offers a high performance single engine aircraft with a trendy design. Carenado previously released an FSX version of the same add-on.
PA32R 301 Saratoga features four different paint schemes which are themes to remember the past four decades: yellow (seventies), beige with red (eighties), navy blue (nineties) and light blue with black (contemporary) and a blank texture.
The model also features:
- Original Autopilot Altimatic IIIC (Century III) installed with an operation manual
- Original Collins radios and instruments
- Realistic textures and maximum details
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded from the original aircraft
The package also includes:
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Complete moving parts: ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps and rolling wheels
- Animated sections: doors, sun visor and vibrating antenna
- Lights: navigation lights, strobe lights, landing lights
- 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- Transparent windows
Other detailed features of the PA32R 301 Saratoga SP are: pitot, antennas, baggage area, chocks, cowl plugs, custom VC panel and gauges. Although this model doesn’t have a 2D panel, it offers many more features:
- Comprehensive checklist and reference text about the procedures
- Separate switches for instruments lights and dome light
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Built-in zoom gauges
- Toggle yoke at VC
- Real weight and balance
- Pilot, co-pilot and passenger views
Reviews by some users of this add-on seem to indicate that the Carenado Saratoga SP is a superb aircraft – the flight model is accurate and the handling characteristics appear to match users’ real-life experiences.
Some users say the Carenado version is similar to the real world Piper: it is slow climb and there is a lack of visibility due to the aircraft’s long nose. However, in spite of these drawbacks, the aircraft is generally considered to be excellent.
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.