PA32R 301 Saratoga features four different paint schemes which are themes to remember the past four decades: yellow (seventies), beige with red (eighties), navy blue (nineties) and light blue with black (contemporary) and a blank texture.
The model also features:
- Original Autopilot Altimatic IIIC (Century III) installed with an operation manual
- Original Collins radios and instruments
- Realistic textures and maximum details
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded from the original aircraft
The package also includes:
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Complete moving parts: ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps and rolling wheels
- Animated sections: doors, sun visor and vibrating antenna
- Lights: navigation lights, strobe lights, landing lights
- 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- Transparent windows
Other detailed features of the PA32R 301 Saratoga SP are: pitot, antennas, baggage area, chocks, cowl plugs, custom VC panel and gauges. Although this model doesn’t have a 2D panel, it offers many more features:
- Comprehensive checklist and reference text about the procedures
- Separate switches for instruments lights and dome light
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Built-in zoom gauges
- Toggle yoke at VC
- Real weight and balance
- Pilot, co-pilot and passenger views
Reviews by some users of this add-on seem to indicate that the Carenado Saratoga SP is a superb aircraft – the flight model is accurate and the handling characteristics appear to match users’ real-life experiences.
Some users say the Carenado version is similar to the real world Piper: it is slow climb and there is a lack of visibility due to the aircraft’s long nose. However, in spite of these drawbacks, the aircraft is generally considered to be excellent.