IRIS Flight Simulation Software announced the release of Diamond Star in February 2010.
Diamond Star is the first of a series of general aviation aircraft from IRIS Flight Simulation Software, and it features custom sounds, gauges, four visual models and more.
In this announcement, IRIS Flight Simulation Software stated that Diamond Star is the debut design from Mr. Jose Valdez, a long time IRIS customer who turned his talents to 3D modelling. Mr Jose designed the 3D mesh in the Diamond Star.
Flight modelling was contracted to Jade Island Flight Test Center which is run by Pamela Brooker. IRIS noted that they were very pleased with the flight modelling work. They also stated that Jade Island Flight Test Center provided an enjoyable flight model which performs with close similarity to the published specifications of the Diamond DA-40 AFM.
Product audio and the development of the gauges in the aircraft, as well as providing a modified G-1000 unit developed specifically for this aircraft was done by IRIS’ in-house team.
Diamond Star’s key features as follows:
- New 3D gauges and customized G1000 for the DA-40
- 4 visual models which cover both the twin bladed and three bladed prop variants with or without wheel covers
- An outstanding flight model for the light handling of the DA-40 aircraft.
- A wide range of paint schemes and two paint kits which can help to make repainting easy for users.
- Custom sound pack.
Some users of Diamond Star have several features they like about the airplane:
- It is a good-looking airplane with realistic performance characteristics
- The cockpit has functioning controls which make the simulation experience realistic
- It is possible to customize the plane using the paint kit provided
- The airplane is easy to control
Diamond Star is dedicated for FSX.