The team of instructors at Virtual Aviation have spent six months designing, preparing and testing this Virtual Type Rating to ensure that it is just right.
Virtual Aviation company logo.
If you have ever wanted to train like a professional pilot, the Virtual Type Rating gives you the opportunity to train like the professionals and become proficient on the Boeing 737 or Airbus A320. This training package has five structured simulator modules, and you can take the course at a pace that suits you.
The course has expert instructions from two experienced airline pilots. This enables you to develop jet handling skills and learn a lot about operating the aircraft properly and safely. Some of the key things you will learn are as follows:
- Planning for the flight: fuel planning, navigation and weather
- Hand-flying technique for descent and landing
- Hand-flying technique for take-off and climb
- Autopilot flying, and the autopilot modes
- Flight deck set-up from cold and dark
- Pushback, engine start and taxiing
- Communication with Air Traffic Control
- How to handle in-flight failures and abnormal scenarios
- How to use the Boeing FMC or Airbus FMGS flight management system
The final module is comprised of your check flight which you will have to take before you gain your virtual wings. This is a real-time flight which you fly under your own command, using real-life procedures and routes.
You can view or download the VTR Flyer from the Virtual Aviation website. The Virtual Type Rating is available at Heathrow, Gatwick and Southampton. For more information, visit: https://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/
Virtual Type Rating was designed by real-life airline pilots for aviation enthusiasts and flight simmers with one goal in mind: to show them exactly what it is like to train as a heavy jet pilot using some of the modern jumbo jets flying today.
Although Virtual Type Rating does not to provide real-world training or qualifications, this is as real as it can possibly get without actually working for an airline.