AFCAD File For KJFK
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 896.11 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 0 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY, USA, v2. This airport update is for KJFK with two optional files made only for the FSX default airport, one version with the crosswind runways activated and in full operation where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Assigned parking now updated as per their website including seven A380 gates, the new International terminal extension added to T4, Terminal 8 updated, T6 demolished, taxiways and taxi signs updated to the latest charts, the freeway traffic that crosses taxiways A and B now ends before these taxiways, autogen around the water edges of the airport removed, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
Screenshot of John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York.
There are 4 BGL files: KJFK_RS.BGL, KJFK_CW_RS.BGL, KJFK_CVX.bgl and a KJFK_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The KJFK_CW_RS.BGL file is with the crosswind runways activated where all 4 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The KJFK_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
- Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
- Take the runway operation file of your choice (only one) and the KJFK_CVX.bgl and place both of these files into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the KJFK_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE RUNWAY OPERATION FILE AT ANY TIME:
I.E. Make sure there is only ONE of the runway operation files and the KJFK_CVX.BGL file are in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KJFK.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts, the KJFK_CVX.BGL should always be used.
If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
PLEASE NOTE: When using ATIS with the KJFK_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KJFK_RS.BGL.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
The archive kjfk_v2_rs_fsx.zip has 13 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.