FSX RCAF Q400 CT-142 142803 V1.5
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 13.57 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a fictional repaint for the Majestic Q400 based on the real RCAF CT-142 used by 402 SQN "City of Winnipeg" for airborne navigation training based at 17 Wing Winnipeg. The RCAF previously operated the CT142 as a short/medium haul transport before striking off several CT-142's and sending the remaining air frames to 1 Canadian Forces Flight Training School. This repaint was done for the launch of the Virtual Royal Canadian Air Force. This updated pack also includes 142801 in the CC-142 Battle Grey colors. This also changes the texture files from the first upload from DXT 5 to 32 bit By Robbie Nauffts - Kilbride Aviation.
Screenshot of RCAF Q400 CT-142 parked.
- Open your FSX or P3D folder to the following directory: SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400
- Move the texture folders into that directory.
- Open the aircraft.cfg file in the \mjc8q400 folder.
- Open the aicraft.cfg edit file in this pack. Copy all text.
- Find your last aircraft entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Paste the aircraft.cfg edit text after that last entry. Change the "fltsim.xx" at the top of the entries to the next number in sequence.
- Save the aircraft.cfg file. Note that if you do not have administration rights on your system, you may not be able to save the file.
- If you do not have administration rights on your system, move the aircraft.cfg file to your desktop to edit. Save it there. Then move it back into the \mjc8q400 folder.
- Boot FSX/P3D. You should now see two new Q400s in RCAF livery in the sim!
The archive mjq400rcafv15.zip has 21 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|MJQ400 RCAF||12.19.15||0 B|
|aircraft.cfg edit.txt||12.19.15||870 B|
|Installation Instructions.txt||12.19.15||1.54 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.