FSX Douglas C-47 NASARR Trainer
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 11.28 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 3 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The Douglas C47 NASARR Trainers were ordinary Skytrains fitted with F-104G noses in order to act as navigational school rooms for budding Starfighter pilots (NASARR = North American Radar and Ranging). Among the air forces using them in this function was the German Air Force, which had five (called Nasenbaer/coati), the Canadian Air Force, which had two (called Pinocchio), and the Belgian Air Force. The paint included represents GAF 14+10. This plane was modified to NASARR Trainer status in 1964 and withdrawn from use in 1973. FSX model and GAF paint by Manfred Jahn. Previous installation of C-47 V2 Skytrain (DOUGLAS_C-47_V2.ZIP) required.
Screenshot of Douglas C-47 NASARR Trainer in flight.
- Please make sure you have a working installation of my Douglas C-47 V2 Skytrain (FSX folder Douglas_C-47_V2). If not present, download and install this base pack first.
- Extract the zip to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
- Copy the two folders "model.C47_NR" and "texture.GAF_1410" to your "Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V2" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg and paste the [fltsim] section below under the last [fltsim] entry. Replace "XX" by the appropriate number. Note that the sound= line assumes the presence of Ted Wolfgang's soundest.
title=GAF NASARR Trainer 1410
sound=TW // assuming you have Ted Wolfgang's DC-3 soundset
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
description="C-47 NASARR Trainer"
The archive c47_nasarr.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.