Islands Sim has announced the release of Kosrae International Airport, island airport scenery for Kosrae, the most eastern of the Caroline Islands, Federated States of Micronesia.
Located 370 miles (590 km) north of the equator, Kosrae has a land area of 42 sq mi (110 km2), and is characterized by high, steep mountains and dense vegetation. Situated between Hawaii and Guam, Kosrae Island is a popular tourist destination that offers an opportunity for many activities, including hiking and scuba diving.
Kosrae International Airport is an airport that serves Kosrae. The airport is located on an artificial island about 150 meters from the coast, and links to the main island through a causeway. United Airlines runs a passenger service between the island and Honolulu. There are also regular charter flights for tourists.
- An accurate representation of the terminal building
- Custom ground/tarmac polygons with textures
- Custom vegetation and objects
- Re-arranged airport terrain
- An upgraded terrain mesh reflecting the island’s actual contours
- A comprehensive texture coloration of land and water class
- Stunning night lighting and effects
- A wide range of animations
- Ambient sounds to enhance simulation experience
- Apron markings
- Enhanced radio navigation for instrument approaches
- Excellent frame rate
- Wave crash effects at coral/reef outlines
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP1, SP2/Acceleration)
- Pentium IV 2.6 GHz
- 1 GB RAM and above
- 256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card
- 220 MB of disk space
- Word for Windows or Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 to read and print the manual
Pacific Islands Simulation, commonly known as Islands Sim, is a company that designs and promotes flight simulation sceney for small island countries in the Pacific Islands region. Founded in 2008 and located in West Virginia, USA, Island Sim has a team of seven software developers who are dedicated to creating high quality products that enhance simulation experience.