FS2004 Britten Norman BN-2 Islander Winair and St. Barths Commuter
Britten Norman BN-2 Islander Winair and St. Barths Commuter repaints. These two repaints are a celebration of Christian Delblond's Caribbean scenery. They are based on Marcel Kuhnt's representations of the Britten Norman Islander (DILFA30.ZIP). Winair (Windward Island Airways International N.V...
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.83 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Britten Norman BN-2 Islander Winair and St. Barths Commuter repaints. These two repaints are a celebration of Christian Delblond's Caribbean scenery. They are based on Marcel Kuhnt's representations of the Britten Norman Islander (DILFA30.ZIP). Winair (Windward Island Airways International N.V.) and St. Barths Commuter operate ten minute shuttle flights between TNCM and TFFJ, in addition to regional flights throughout the Caribbean. By Mark Beaumont. (See also BNFIX.ZIP).
Screenshot of Norman BN-2 Islander in flight.
These repaints, with kind permission from Marcel, are by Mark Beaumont. Marcel's work for the Britten Norman Islander is so accurate that it is important that you read the installation instructions carefully so as to ensure that you have the appropriate model configuration for these paints. Installation is not complex, but must be done correctly to get the most from his packages. READ his manual, too; there are all sorts of goodies hidden away in his aircraft, from configurable passengers to an animated mechanic and push back truck! The aircraft come with specific panels for the BN2-A and BN2-B, with full VCs and 3D interiors.
I have chosen to save the main texture files as 32-bit images for best quality in FS. There is only one main file per aircraft, so your texture loading or frame rate should not be compromised.
If you have not downloaded them already, you will need the base files for these repaints.
- Go to m-r-software and click on 'BN-2 Islander' in your preferred language.
Download and install:
- BN32Rest.zip - manual, basic files, panels, gauges, cockpit sounds
- BN32Snd2.zip - soundset for 2 bladed props
- DIORF32G.zip - BN-2A model without antenna (for PJ-BIW)
- DIOLA32G.zip - BN-2B model with long nose (for F-OIJS)
Please follow Marcel's installation instructions carefully as found in his README file.
- To install your Caribbean Islanders, unzip caribbn.zip to a temporary folder/location (you may have done this already).
- In the download you will find two folders BN-2A_3 and BN-2B_3. These correspond to folders that should already exist in your 'Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT' folder if you have installed the above base sets correctly. Either simply move these two folders to Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT' and allow overwriting when prompted (no files are actually overwritten, just added) or open the folders individually and move the contents (a texture folder and an .ini file, in each case) to the relevant individual parent folders under 'Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT'.
- To install your new repaints, you must then run BN_Instal.exe in each aircraft folder. The AIRCRAFT.CFG file for each version will be updated automatically.
- In my folder BN-2 Panel, there are optional modifications for the existing BN-2 panels. On the BN-2A panel, I have cleaned up the bitmap slightly, repositioned the center post to the left a little and added the FS9 Garmin 295 GPS into the PANEL.CFG (retain the old GPS if you are using these paints in FS2002). In the case of the BN-2B panel, I have also updated the GPS to the FS9 Garmin 295 and have modified the forward view perspective to cover a 'blank' area in the left field of vision.
Back up Marcel's files if you wish to before making any changes to your original panels. I have tested these alterations and they work fine for me, but I emphasize that these are optional and are by no means official upgrades, although with Marcel's permission.
The archive caribbn.zip has 57 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|BN-2 Panel||08.01.05||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.