FSX Rockwell B-1A Lancer
This is a Alpha Sim's 2004 freeware version of the Rockwell B1B Lancer modified for FSX. Flight Dynamics are correct with the B-1A and textures match the pale white B1A. The B-1A was designed by Rockwell International. The bomber's development was delayed multiple times over its history, as the t...
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 33.27 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 4 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a Alpha Sim's 2004 freeware version of the Rockwell B1B Lancer modified for FSX. Flight Dynamics are correct with the B-1A and textures match the pale white B1A. The B-1A was designed by Rockwell International. The bomber's development was delayed multiple times over its history, as the theory of strategic balance changed from flexible response to massive retaliation and back again. This change in stance repeatedly demanded then ignored the need for manned bombers. The initial B-1A version was developed in the early 1970s, but its production was canceled, and only four prototypes were built. The need for a new platform once again surfaced in the early 1980s, and the aircraft resurfaced as the B-1B version. Aircraft includes new textures and a 2D and 3D cockpit. also includes pictures and history of actual aircraft. Modifications and textures by Mark Rooks.
As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " Rockwell B1-A.zip " and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\SIM Objects /Aircraft"
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will contain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
- Unzip the effects folder and put the effects in the FSX effects folder located at:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\effects"
- Effects files are all the Afterburner effects in the Afterburner folder and the FX file in the Smoke effects folder.
The archive b1-a_lancer.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|B1-A History and Pictures.zip
|Read Me First.txt
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download. If in doubt, you may also ask a question or view existing answers in our dedicated Q&A forum.