FSX USAF Boeing C97G MATS Updated
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.95 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This update allows for a shiny aluminum effect not present in earlier versions. It is suggested that GLOENVTS.ZIP be downloaded. Copy the two files in it to the main FSX texture folder and overwrite those present. Original files are contained in the download that you can copy back into the texture folder if the new ones prove unsatisfactory. This US Air Force aircraft was piloted by a World War 2 fighter pilot who postwar flew the C97 and later flew for NASA. These textures are for use with the C-97G Stratofreighter sim (requires C-97BP_UPDATE.ZIP) by Manfred Jahn and Team Strat, a work in progress. By Dave McQueen.
Screenshot of USAF Boeing C97G MATS in flight.
- In your main FSX folder, open the "Boeing_C-97" folder (located here: "FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_C-97") Copy the "texture.Jesse" folder from this file and place it in the Boeing_C-97 folder.
- Add (copy+paste) the [fltsim.XX] information below to the aircraft.cfg -- replace XX with the next highest number in the aircraft.cfg list.
title=Boeing C-97G USAF 92607
atc_flight_number=92607// max 5 digits, use same as for atc_id below
The archive c97g92607.zip has 21 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Read me.txt||07.14.15||3.09 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.