With no missions based in the system, this puts you in a dynamic world where fires break out and you have to react. This stand-alone add-on for FSX (all versions) and P3D (v2, 3 and 4), this makes playing the role of hero a little more challenging to adjust to. You won’t be dealing with the same problem over and over; once you choose your aircraft and leave the hanger, randomness kicks in.
You will need to fly a suitable aircraft and utilize a mixture of either water and/or red chems to help quell a fire. The fires will start small, but the longer it takes you to reach them the worse they will become. Wind speed and direction all helps to stoke the flames, making your job a little harder. Fly above at the right speed and altitude, and drop off your water or chem-based solution to help quell the fire once and for all.
You might even need to go and pick up more water if the fire gets bad enough. Using local water bodies, you can pick up more water to help combat the problem and stop the flames from spreading. Time is of the essence, though; take too long to stop the flames and you could have a pandemic on your hands.
VIDEO: Preview Video Released by Lorby-SI
To combat fire, teamwork is essential to success. Firefighter X poses situations online that forces you to work as a team and to combat the issue as one. Using this, you can play with the normal online set-up and work together to help quell the flames and save the environment!
You can even upload information from NASA directly to get VIIRS/MODIS-based wildfire data. This lets you know just how severe a mission you are likely to undertake. It also allows for more realistic training to combat major issues that affect the real world.
- Work with AI aircraft to give you added support, or team up with friends online to stop the fires.
- Spawn fires where you like or allow the generator to choose, creating random intensities and locations.
- Detailed and realistic take on how fire grows and spreads; act fast or watch everything burn!
- An authentic take on how the water drops would take place, with clear high-quality visual effects.
- Use any aircraft you wish (water boats are recommended due to ideal weight and water collection).
- Combat updrafts over the fires; put yourself in the shoes of a proper aviation firefighter.
- Manage height, speed and altitude to help make sure your solutions work safely and your aircraft is never put in danger.
- Easily save, load, manage and tweak settings for repetition of the same scenario to master certain incidents.
- Put yourself in total control of the scenario, the challenge and the location.
- Make use of your chosen solutions or grab more water from local water bodies to fight fire effectively.
- Fill up at the airports to beat the clock and get the fire stopped!
We hope to have the full range or Lorby-SI products on our store, SimShack shortly. In the meantime, you can visit the official website here.
We also have freeware missions available for FSX that can be added to your sim - view them all here. Also featured in the product is the Canadair CL215 firefighting aircraft - that too is available in the file library here.