AFCAD For Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 4.22 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 10 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
AFCAD modification for Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, KDTW - Wayne County, Michigan (MI), USA. KDTW represents a modification to the stock FSX Acceleration airport scenery. The airport has been rebuilt and updated using the most current specifications. By Kambiz Agazi.
Screenshot of Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.
KDTW V1 represents a modification to the FSX stock Acceleration airport.
Version 1 major changes include:
- All Initial Approach Procedures, Transitions and Final Approaches for all runways updated to June 2011 charts.
- Updated all DPs and STARs per June 2011 plates.
- Extended the B and C concourses at the McNamara Terminal per specifications.
- Replaced the old Berry and Smith Terminals with the new North Terminal.
- Updated taxiway layout and signs per June 2011 airport diagram and VE.
- Updated airport facilities including fire stations and other buildings that service the deicing pads.
- Updated Terminal and gate assignments at the McNamara and North Terminals per the official airport Web site.
- Apron pavement type reworked per GE.
- Updated GA and Customs ramp areas.
- Included three Diamond crossings at taxiways F, K and M and runway 9L/27R, completed the vehicle path network and added additional fuel trucks for more fluid ground operations.
- New offset ILS's I-ALA and I-BZB added to runways 04L/22R for simultaneous close parallel operations.
***Initial Approach Procedures***
There are currently ILS or LOC and RNAV(GPS) initial approach procedures included for Runways 04L/22R, 04R/22L, 03R/21L, 09L/27R and 09R/27L. 03L/21R is a visual approach runway only. The ILS's for 04L/22R correspond to the ILS Z plates. In addition, 04L/22R contain a second ILS for SIM CLOSE PAR operations. The "offset" ILS's for 04L/22R correspond to the ILS Y plates.
Please note that when vectored by ATC to the ILS at runway 04L or 22R, the two ILS Y approach options shown in the dialogue window correspond to the Offset ILS's. The top (higher) ILS Y corresponds to 22R and the bottom (lower) ILS Y refers to 04L. These offset ILS approaches will also show up in the GPS and will be shown as ILS 04L-Y and ILS 22R-Y. Refer to the approach plate for the corresponding freqs.
***IMPORTANT*** In order to see the Terminal and apron spot lighting you'll need to install the wonderful lights from Jim Dhaenens. I'm including his light files with this package.
To install Jim's lights, place the lightobj.bgl file in your ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder and almwht.dds and lights1.dds files in ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
KDTW Installation: The preferred method is to create a folder called KDTW with a scenery subfolder. Place the two KDTW bgl files in the scenery subfolder. You will need to activate the KDTW scenery subfolder once in FSX. I suggest placing it at or near the top of the scenery priority list - above ALL regional, state or national scenery including UTX USA.
There is a known bug in Win7 when it comes to adding scenery in FSX. This bug can be googled for the simple solution.
I have developed tested KDTW using FSX Acceleration on Win7 64bit. The Acceleration scenery around KDTW appears to have been updated/changed from FSX RTM. therefore, unless you have Acceleration installed I can't guarantee that the visuals at the airport will appear correct.
While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KDTW works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
CREDITS: KDTW v1 was created using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.47.11 Pro). A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. Diamond crossing technique developed by Jim Vile.
A special thanks to Jim Dhaenens for use of his lights with freeware packages.
The archive kdtw2011.zip has 31 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KDTW README.txt||07.01.11||3.93 kB|
|KDTW NORTH TERMINAL.gif||07.01.11||404.02 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.