AFCAD For EDDB Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 757.99 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport. The new southern runway is now added, the old southern runway lengthened and corrected to 7L/25R and the navaids corrected for it. A new midfield terminal and some associated buildings added, assigned parking with extra parking including gates for the A380, new control tower, taxiways and taxi signs updated, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
NOTE: I do not have charts for the new Southern runway, so the ILS (7R Ident: ISSA, Freq: 110.10, 25L Ident: ISSB, Freq: 111.70) and transitions for the Southern runway are fictitious, I will try to update this when charts become available to me.
There are 3 BGL files: EDDB_ADE_RS.BGL, EDDB_ADE_CVX.BGL and an EDDB_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
- The EDDB_ADE_RS.BGL file is the airport file.
- The EDDB_ADE_CVX.bgl file removes the autogen for the Southern runway and midfield terminal and should always be used.
- The EDDB_ADE_OBJ.BGL file is the scenery objects file, Please make sure this file goes into the correct folder.
- Take the EDDB_ADE_RS.BGL file and the EDDB_ADE_CVX.BGL file and place both files into: Flight SimulatorX/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the EDDB_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE THESE EDDB.BGL FILES. I.E. Make sure there is only my EDDB_ADE_RS.BGL file and the EDDB_ADE_CVX.BGL file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other EDDB.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
ADE Utility (Freeware) - Jon Masterson.
And my ever enduring wife to put up with the hours spent making these files.
TIP: When at EDDB in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive eddb_ade_fsx_rs.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.