FSX Sydney Seaplanes DeHavilland Beaver
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.77 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 0 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default Beaver. Sydney Seaplanes currently own and operate three De Havilland Beavers, This is repainted as VH-AAM. The majority of flights at the moment is conducted to destinations in the Hawkesbury River & Palm Beach areas. They also operate scenic flights from Rose Bay in and around Sydney Harbor and beaches. By Mike Hill.
Sydney Seaplanes currently own and operate 3 De Havilland Beavers, 1 Cessna Caravan 208 and 1 Cessna 206 aircraft, all aviation classics. The majority of flights at the moment is conducted on the very popular fly/dine packages to sensational destinations in the Hawkesbury River & Palm Beach areas. Restaurants such as the Cottage Point Inn, Berowra Waters or Jonahs Palm Beach are always a hit, and offer world class service, cuisine and location. They also operate scenic flights from Rose Bay in and around Sydney Harbor and Beaches. On the 12th of June 2007 they launched our new service to the Hunter Valley wine region utilizing the brand new state of the art amphibious Cessna Caravan.
- Unzip the contents of this zip file to a temporary folder.
- Using the file manager, make a new file under the DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2 file (in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder of the main Microsoft Flight simlator X folder), call it texture.aam.
- Copy the entire contents of the existing texture file, and paste them into the texture.aam file.
- Copy the 3 files called DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2_1_T.dds, DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2_2_T.dds, and thumbanail.jpg, and paste them into the new texture.aam folder. You will be asked to confirm an overwrite of existing files, click yes to overwrite / replace.
- Select / highlight the text below and copy it to the clipboard.
title=DeHavilland Beaver DHC2 VHAAM
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
description="VH-AAM began service with the Ghanaian Air Force on the 10th of November 1961 and was operated there until its delivery to Australia in 1976. Its time in Australia has been varied, initially being operated as a sea plane by Aqua-Flite in Cairns then as an agricultural topdresser for Aerial Agriculture from Bankstown Airport. It was at this time that it was given its current registration (the AA standing for Aerial Agriculture). It was then operated for a number of years as a seaplane by Air Whitsundays from Hamilton Island before moving to Sydney Seaplanes in 2003."
- Right click on the aircraft.cfg file in the DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2 folder, and select open with, then notepad.
- Find the next available section after the last listed [fltsim.number], and paste the above lines of text into place.
- Rename the [fltsim.X] so that the X is replaced by the next consecutive number, so for example, if you last previous entry was [fltsim.2], you would replace the ? with the number 3.
- Click save, and you should then find it available to use from the main aircraft selection menu.
The archive vhaamrep.zip has 21 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator X||06.17.07||0 B|
|VHAAM repaint||07.18.07||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.