FSX Cessna 172 VH-MOY
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.03 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default C172. By Mike Hill.
I must confess to a sentimental attachment to this aircraft, as it is the one I completed my flying training in. There are some discrepancies with the real aircraft, as the default one doesn't have wheel spats, and the texturing on the wing causes some mirroring problems.
- Unzip the contents of this zip file to a temporary folder.
- Using the file manager, make a new file under the C172 file (in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder of the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder), call it texture.moy.
- Copy the entire contents of the existing texture.1 file, and paste them into the texture.moy file.
- Copy the 3 files called C172_T.dds, C172_Pilot.dds, and thumbanail.jpg from your temporary folder, and paste them into the new texture.moy folder. You will be asked to confirm an overwrite of existing files, click yes to overwrite / replace.
- Select / highlight the text below and copy it to the clipboard.
title=Cessna Skyhawk MOY
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
description="A stable and trustworthy plane, most pilots have logged at least a few hours in a Cessna 172, since it's the most widely available aircraft in the rental fleet, and is used by most flight schools. Since the first prototype was completed in 1955, more than 35,000 C172s have been produced, making it the world's most popular single-engine plane. One of Cessna's first tricycle-gear airplanes, the 172 quickly became the favorite of a growing class of business pilots. Its reliability and easy handling (along with thoughtful engineering and structural updates) have ensured its continued popularity for decades."
- Right click on the aircraft.cfg file in the C172 folder, and select open with, then notepad.
- Find the next available section after the last listed [fltsim.number], and paste the above lines of text into place.
- Rename the [fltsim.X] so that the X is replaced by the next consecutive number, so for example, if you last previous entry was [fltsim.5], you would replace the ? with the number 6.
- Click save, and you should then find it available to use from the main aircraft selection menu.
The archive fsx_moy.zip has 22 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator X||07.18.07||0 B|
|moy airborne.gif||07.18.07||9.80 kB|
|moy airborne.jpg||07.18.07||151.40 kB|
|moy airborne255.jpg||07.18.07||11.28 kB|
|moy closeup.jpg||07.18.07||284.88 kB|
|moy closeup1.jpg||07.18.07||168.66 kB|
|real MOY.jpg||07.18.07||236.03 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.