FS2004 Buffalo Airways Douglas DC-3 C-GPNR
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 4.75 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A repaint of the default DC-3 in Buffalo Airways other livery. Textures only. By Mike Wilson.
Screenshot of Buffalo Airways Douglas DC-3 in flight.
Our most commonly used DC-3 for our scheduled freight service, C-GPNR entered active service on May 17, 1944. She started out as a member of the Royal Air Force and flew in the United Kingdom and Middle East until June 1946. At this point, the aircraft came to Canada to fly for the Royal Canadian Air Force. In October of 1980 Buffalo Airways received this pristine aircraft and put her back to work in the NWT.
- Unzip the contents of BufAir_1.zip to a temporary directory.
- Copy the folder "texture.Buffalo 1" and paste it into your Douglas_DC3 folder. This should be located in *:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3. The * will of course be the drive you have FS9 installed on. For example C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\etc...
- Copy and paste the following section into the "aircraft.cfg" file of your Douglas_DC3 folder. (backup your original aircraft.cfg first!)
title=Douglas DC-3 Buffalo Airways C-GPNR
ui_variation="Buffalo Airways Cargo"
description=Buffalo Airways most commonly used DC-3 for their scheduled freight service, C-GPNR entered active service on May 17, 1944.
- The "x" in [fltsim.x] should be replaced with the next number that corresponds to the number of planes listed in the aircraft.cfg. For example: If this is the 5th plane listed in your aircraft.cfg, you would change [fltsim.x] to [fltsim.5].
- I also suggest you disable the tail number at the aircraft selection screen in FS9 as it interferes with this particular paint scheme. I have placed a permanent registration number on the aircraft.
One other note:
The folder "32 bit texture" contains an alternate version of the main bitmap (Douglas_DC3_1_T) and as the folder title suggests, it's a 32 bit mipped texture. You may replace the DXT3 texture in the "texture.Buffalo 1" folder with the 32 bit texture if you wish. Being 32 bit it demands more PC resources but also looks better IMHO, I suppose it depends on your particular system specs.
The archive bufair_1.zip has 16 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|read me.txt||04.09.04||3.05 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.