FS2004 Eastern Air Lines Douglas DC-3 N350DC
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 696.56 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default DC3. A simple texture update using photoreal textures to make the bare metal DC-3 an EAL DC-3. By William C. Schulz.
Screenshot of Eastern Air Lines Douglas DC-3 on the ground.
This is a simple texture update using photoreal textures to make the bare metal DC-3 an Eastern Air Lines DC-3.
There are a couple of ways to do this. The first is most complete:
- Download the included texture.eal folder under the DC3 aircraft in FSX
- Then copy all the texture files from the DC3 texture.5 folder over EXCEPT the Douglas_DC3_1_T file
- Then take the text below and modify the "xx" in the DC-3 aircraft configuration file to a "6" or whatever is available/appropriate and add this segment of text to your cfg file.
- Save the new cfg file and you should see the DC-3 in the FSX choices, with the thumbnail image.
Add to this text to your cfg:
title=Douglas DC-3 Eastern
ui_variation="Eastern Air Lines"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. Textures by W.C. Schulz"
The other quick way is to save your DC-3 texture.5 folder as a backup, then take the Douglas_DC3_1_T file and dump it into your texture.5 folder. You'll still see the "bare metal DC-3" in the FSX choice set, but when you load it, it will have the Eastern livery.
Use at your own risk. No warranties, etc.
The archive ealdc3tx.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|DC3_EAL_FSX Texture Install.txt||10.17.06||1.76 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.