FS2004 Western Air Lines Douglas DC-6B
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 1.37 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 13 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
These skins depict the colors of Western Airlines circa summer 1964. This is a DC6B (N93133). This cream and deep red livery, and its immediate predecessor red and white livery, featured the distinctive WAL "Indian head" on the forward fuselage. The logo has been reproduce by hand These are DXT3 textures so this bird should fly well on most PC's. Requires the latest DC-6B with large spinners from CalClassics. By Eric Joiner.
These skins require the following files to be downloaded from Cal Classics. (All this stuff can be found under the Planes section.)
- Base model United Air Lines DC-6B for FS2002 (Gmax Model). This includes both the DC6 panel and sound packages...11MB of Propliner LOVE.
- FS2004 Flight dynamics update.
- Prop reverse patch.
- Download and configure files above (not hard) then unzip this zip file into a temporary directory.
- Add the resulting texture.wal_white folder to the new DC-6B in your aircraft directory.
- Then cut and paste the info below into your aircraft.cfg file.
title=DC-6B WAL White
ui_variation=Western Airlines 1964
description=The DC-6B was generally considered to possess the best operating economics of any piston airliner built. Passengers also appreciated their smooth, quiet ride.
The archive wal_1964.zip has 24 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|wal dc6b3.jpg||07.11.04||71.99 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.