AFCAD File For EGGW
London Luton Airport, Luton, UK (default). This is part of the eighth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground aims to create high quality AFCADs for default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real ...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 266.7 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
London Luton Airport, Luton, UK (default). This is part of the eighth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground aims to create high quality AFCADs for default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
View of London Luton Airport.
Fourth largest of the 5 airports serving the London area, Luton is base to Easyjet and a hub for several other low cost airlines, such as Ryanair, Wizz Air, Monarch Airlines and Thomson Airways. It has a number of scheduled and charter airlines visiting - ElAl has a daily flight and Sun d'Or, SunExpress and Onur Air are frequent visitors on a seasonal basis.
Cargo operations focus around DHL and European Air Transport along with MNG Airlines (who recently returned to making Luton their hub after a temporary move to London Stansted) and Atlantic Airlines.
London Luton is the major airport for executive jet and executive GA visits to the London area and very significant volumes of such traffic are seen here from Beech King Airs up to Roman Abramovitch's B767-200.
- Re-drew the aprons and taxiways to real world, including the recently extended apron section connecting with taxiway D and taking into account texture differences.
- Extended and developed the GA parking area, as per real world.
- Removed and changed all taxisigns to include new taxiways and to a higher standard consistent throughout - including CAT III designation at the runway.
- Added a large number of commercial, cargo and GA parking spots as per real world and coded them for operations as per the real world airport in Jeppesen charts and Bing Maps.
- Added large areas of different landclass around the airport to better reflect the airport's surroundings and reduced the airport background area to its real world size.
- Added substantial lengths of roads and large areas of car parking inside and outside the airport perimeter as per Bing Maps.
- Replaced the tower and other buildings with more representative structures as per Bing Maps and added many other elements such as parked vehicles, a fire station and many buildings on the airport and it's immediate surroundings for greater realism.
- Set Tower View above the tower roof for a better view of the whole airport.
- Proportionate to its size, London Luton welcomes very large numbers of executive jets which, in the real world, are parked nose to tail as the only way to accommodate them. This, of course, cannot be replicated in FSX, so the parking arrangements do include a few spots that do not exist in the real world and includes very dense GA parking in the area of the main apron. This was the only arrangement that would accommodate all of the GA in my sim. If you find some of the parking not to your liking in the way that it operates, contact me and I will provide a version with less - obviously with the consequence that you will see less GA here.
- Cars in the car parks are mainly created with scenery objects from FSX Acceleration Pack. If you do not have Acceleration Pack, this will not affect your enjoyment of the airport in any respect other than that you will not see the cars.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
- Remove any existing EGGW AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the file AIG_EGGW_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EGGW_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
- Remove or delete the file AIG_EGGW_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EGGW_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_eggw_london_luton_fsx_default.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.