AFCAD File For ETNG
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 536.33 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 12 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Geilenkirchen AB, Germany (default). This is part of the eighth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground aims to create high quality AFCADs for default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Joost de Wit and Alpha India Group.
Geilenkirchen AB, also known as Frisbee, is home of the NAEW&CF (NATO Airborne Early Warning & Control Force). This NATO squadron operates the famous E-3A AWACS, as well as the training aircraft CT-49, which are about to retire soon.
The AWACS are staying in the air for hours to ensure that there aren't any intruders in the NATO airspace. Furthermore Geilenkirchen sees nearly all year round a two week deployment of two KC-135s of the United States Air Force ANG. The Stratotankers are refueling the AWACS air to air.
Next to that, Geilenkirchen is every now and then visited by Russian cargo aircraft, like an IL-76 or an An-124.
The airport is located in western Germany, on a stone's throw distance of the Dutch border.
- Completely re-drew the aprons based on Bing Maps and Jeppesen charts.
- Re-drew and changed the textures of the taxiway system to closer match real life.
- Added a large number of parking spots, of whom a lot are reserved for the NAEW&CF fleet of MAIW.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways.
- Placed taxisigns as per real life.
- Added people (spotters) and stairs to the eastern side to represent the spotting place. Last October I was there myself in real life.
- Added firetrucks on the taxiways north of the runway. In real life, the firetrucks are always present there when an aircraft is arriving or departing.
- Added landclass and excludes where needed to add appropriate textures to the airport and to trim the airport background back to its real world limits.
- Added various buildings and other objects to liven up the airport.
- Added ATIS as per real life. Please mind that the frequency is not correct, because FSX can't handle UHF frequencies. I used 136.950 as the ATIS frequency.
To Jim Dhaenens for kind permission to use his lights in any AIG projects and which are used widely here.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads.
As one may know, there is a great MAIW package available of the NAEW&CF fleet, including a FS9 scenery of Geilenkirchen.
Please make sure you do not have installed that scenery, i.e. only the AI aircraft and flightplans. Things may look very strange at Geilenkirchen if you install both this Afcad and the MAIW FS9 scenery.
- Remove any existing ETNG AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the two files AIG_ETNG_ADE_JDW_Default.BGL and AIG_ETNG_ADE_JDW_Default_CVX.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_ETNG_ADE_JDW_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass and exclude.
- Place the included file lightobj.bgl in your main Scenery/Global/Scenery file - this includes the lights used in this scenery by Jim Dhaenens. If you already have this file installed, you do not need to install it again.
- Place the two included files almwht.dds and lights1.dds in your main Scenery/Global/Texture file - these are textures for the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have these files installed, you do not need to install them again.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_ETNG_ADE_JDW_Default.BGL and AIG_ETNG_ADE_JDW_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_etng_geilenkirchen_fsx_default.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||01.03.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.