AFCAD File For EDDL
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 673.99 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Dusseldorf International, Germany (default). This is part of the eighth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground aims to create high quality AFCADs for default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
Rated as Germany's third largest airport, Dusseldorf International is a major hub for all of Germany's major airlines as well, as several minor ones, and attracts direct flights from most European countries as well as several intercontinental operators, such as Delta/Northwest and Emirates. Lufthansa has a very large base here with both domestic flights - largely operated by Eurowings for Lufthansa Regional - as well as the mainline airline and three of their A340's are based here. Air Berlin operates A330's from here alongwith their smaller aircraft from the Dash8-400's up.
Cargo operations are on a limited scale but include Emirates SkyCargo and some smaller Russian and Ukrainian operators. Both in real life and in available flightplans, Volga Dnepr and Polet Flight An-124's are regular visitors. As a major industrial and commercial centre, Dusseldorf attracts significant numbers of executive jets of all shapes and sizes with a more limited number of single and twin prop. GA aircraft.
- Re-aligned the aprons and taxiways to real world, adding further taxiways not included in the default airport.
- Extended and developed the GA parking area, as per real world.
- Removed and changed all taxisigns to include new taxiways and to a higher standard consistent throughout.
- Added jetway extensions to pier C gates.
- Added a large number of commercial, cargo and GA parking spots as per real world and coded them for operations per the real world airport in Jeppesen charts, Bing Maps and various photographs from Joost de Wit.
- Added large areas of landclass around the airport to better reflect the airport's surroundings. Also added substantial lengths of roads within the airport perimeter as per Bing Maps.
- Replaced the tower and other buildings with more representative structures as per Bing Maps and Joost de Wit's photos and added other elements such as lights, cargo and vehicles on the airport and its immediate surroundings for greater realism.
- Set Runway 05R/23L for both landing and takeoff and R05L/23R for landing only, as is the normal usage at the airport.
Special thanks to Jim Daehlens for kind permission to use his lights in any AIG projects and which are used widely here.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
- Remove any existing EDDL AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the file AIG_EDDL_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EDDL_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
- Place the included file lightobj.bgl in your main Scenery/Global/Scenery file - this includes the lghts used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have this file installed, you do not need to install it again.
- Place the two included files almwht.dds and lights1.dds in your main Scenery/Global/Texture file - these are textures for the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have these files installed, you do not need to install them again.
Special Installation Notes:
This AFD/Afcad uses the JFK jetway short and long extensions on 3 gates. If you have previously installed Jim Vile's WSSS, Ray Smith's KPTA or my own ESMS or OLBA you should have already taken the following steps. if not please do the following to see these jetways correctly:
- Go to your Scenery/NAME/Texture folder and locate the two files "JFK_Jetway.dds" and "JFK_Jetway_LM.dds".
- Copy each of these files and paste them into your Scenery/Global/Texture folder - you only need to do this once and any subsequent AFDs/Afcads you install using this technique will show them also.
- Remove or delete the file AIG_EDDL_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EDDL_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_dusseldorf_germany_fsx_default.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.