LEIB - Ibiza Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 765.96 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Ibiza Airport, Spain. This is part of the ninth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground aims to create high quality Afcads for both FS2004 and for FSX default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Kai P. Kamjunke and Alpha India Group.
Ibiza Airport is the airport serving the Balearic islands of Ibiza and Formentera in Spain, used by 95% of all people who arrive at or depart from these two islands. The airport is located 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest of Ibiza Town.
The airport traffic is characterized by the seasonal nature of the tourist industry, and as such it handles over 85% of the total volume of passengers during the six months of the peak season (May-October). The airport also offers year-round scheduled inter-island and mainland traffic, with flights operating to primary business hubs, such as Barcelona, Madrid and Palma de Mallorca.
It is a base for Vueling.
- Completely re-drew the aprons based on Google Earth and Jeppesen charts.
- Re-drew and changed the textures of the taxiway system to closer match real life.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways.
- Placed taxisigns as per real life.
- Added landclass for the compatibility with UTX.
- Added various objects to liven up the airport.
The ATIS Frequency is 118.80 and not 117.80, because of the limitations in the FSX.
Special thanks to Jim Daehlens for kind permission to use his lights in any AIG projects and which are used widely here.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. Our thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
- Remove any existing LEIB AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the two files AIG_LEIB_ADEX_KPK_Default.BGL and the AIG_LEIB_ADEX_KPK_Default_CVX.BGL file of your choice in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start the fsx.
- Place the included file lightobj.bgl in your main Scenery/Global/Scenery file - this includes the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have this file installed, you do not need to install it again.
- Place the two included files almwht.dds and lights1.dds in your main Scenery/Global/Texture file - these are textures for the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have these files installed, you do not need to install them again.
- Remove the two files AIG_LEIB_ADEX_KPK_Default.BGL and the AIG_LEIB_ADEX_KPK_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start the fsx.
The archive aig_leib_ibiza_spain_fsx_default.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||01.03.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.