FSX AFCAD File For KLAS Version 2.1
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 908.42 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
McCarran International Airport, Nevada (NV), USA. KLAS_2013 represents a modification to the FSX stock Acceleration airport per April 2013 specifications. May work with FSX SP2 but no promises. By Kambiz Agazi.
Version 2.1 Changes to McCarran International Airport include all changes in Version 2 shown below plus:
- Updated IAPs - Initial Approach Procedures - for Runways 01L and 25L per April 2013 plates.
- New Terminal 3 (T3) is now online with 14 gates w/ jetways.
- Updated Terminal assignments at T1, T2 and T3 per the official airport web site.
- Updated gates and jetways at T1 and T2 due to completion of some newly renovated gates.
This version also includes correct "calm wind" runway usage and taxiway efficiencies (diamond crossings) for more fluid movement. Crosswind runway technique is also applied.
I have also fixed an issue regarding the "calm wind" runway usage at KLAS. KLAS is unique in FSX as the calm wind runways are the 25s as opposed to the lower number runways, 7s. It's obvious that Microsoft provided some additional code to make this happen. Unfortunately, when you use Jim Vile's technique to activate the crosswinds, this coding gets changed. Therefore, crosswinded runways at KLAS use the 7s as the calm wind ruwnays. In this version of KLAS, I have used a few techniques to reverse the calm wind runways so that the 25s will be the active calm wind runways when crosswinded with the 19s.
Real World Preferences adapted in this version:
- 25R open for departure only.
- 25L open for departure and arrival (I left it open for departure so the user plane has an additional choice).
- 19R open for arrival and departure (In real life most departures are from 19L, but some due depart from 19R so I kept it open).
- 19L open for departure and arrival - with the old International Terminal closed you won't see too many departures.
- 7L closed (necessary to manipulate calm wind coding).
- 7R open for departure only.
- 1R open for departure and arrival.
- 1L open for departure and arrival.
This version was designed with ADE v1.55.
KLAS Installation: The preferred method is to create a folder called KLAS with a scenery subfolder. Place the two KLAS bgl files in the scenery subfolder. You will need to activate the KLAS scenery subfolder once in FSX. I suggest placing it at or near the top of the scenery priority list - above ALL regional, state or national scenery including UTX USA.
The archive klas_2013_ka.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.