AFCAD File For KLAS Version 2
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.93 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
McCarran International Airport, Nevada (NV). KLAS_2011 represents a modification to the FSX stock Acceleration airport per November 2011 specifications - should work with FSX SP2 but no support provided. By Kambiz Agazi.
KLAS V2 represents a modification to the FSX stock Acceleration airport - may work with FSX Sp2.
Version 2 Changes to McCarran International Airport include all changes below including those in previous releases:
- Updated all approaches including transitions for all runways per November 2011 plates.
- Updated all DPs and STARs per November 2011 plates.
- Added or updated all holding pads including the Allegiant pad at Concourse D.
- New land class in and around the airport perimeter.
- Updated taxiway layout and signs per November 2011 airport diagram and VE.
- New Terminal 3 added with 14 gates - Terminal currently under construction. Gates are static objects until Terminal opens in 2012.
- Updated Terminal assignments at T1 and T2 per the official airport Web site.
- Apron pavement type reworked per VE - rehabilitation continues and additional concrete apron and taxiways likely to be added in 2012.
- New Cargo ramp area plus updated Janet ramp area. Janet parking assignments based on ICAO of WWW, JAN or JNT.
- Some jetways at some gates are currently offline due to rehabilitation work. Offline jetways are shown as static objects - parking currently unavailable.
- I'm including two options for the user see below.
***Two Options for the User***
As you may have noticed, KLAS is surrounded by high terrain on two sides making for a difficult approach and decent to some runways especially when arrivals are from the North and NW. AI also struggle as the default approach (visibility more than 3 miles) is a hard coded visual. This is especially true for AI with incorrect values in the FDE regarding weight and drag.
In order to alleviate AI plowing through the mountains while on approach to 19R, I'm including one version that contains a "fake" ILS for Runway for 19R. 7R/L are closed for landing in this version. The "fake" ILS will not show up on the map or in the GPS and is intended for AI only. The ILS's are designed in such a way as to allow AI to navigate the high terrain on a base leg approach with a "curved" turn to final at 3 NM out - this technique was first developed by Jim Vile and can be seen in several of his airports including Kai Tak and KLAS. ONLY USE ONE OPTION AT A TIME!
The two downsides to the fake ILS option are:
- If you're tuned into the same com frequency of an AI that is given clearance to land you will hear ATC clear the AI to the ILS at 19R - 19R does not have an ILS approach and this may be a negative for some who prefer to keep things as real as possible.
- It's possible that under certain circumstances (depending on your approach vector and direction) the user will also (initially) be vectored to the ILS at 19R. In this case, using the ATC dialogue window, ask for an alternative approach and select either the RNAV to 19R or choose the many options that come with 25L and request it from ATC.
If either of these two conditions prove to be a greater distraction compared to AI potentially plowing through the mountains on approach to 19R then I suggest that you install the no fake ILS option.
***IMPORTANT*** In order to see the Terminal and apron spot lighting you'll need to install the wonderful lights from Jim Dhaenens. I'm including his light files with this package.
To install Jim's lights, place the lightobj.bgl file in your ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder and almwht.dds and lights1.dds files in ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
KLAS Installation: The preferred method is to create a folder called KLAS with a scenery subfolder. Place the three KLAS bgl files in the scenery subfolder. You will need to activate the KLAS scenery subfolder once in FSX. I suggest placing it at or near the top of the scenery priority list - above ALL regional, state or national scenery including UTX USA.
There is a known bug in Win7 when it comes to adding scenery in FSX. This bug can be googled for the simple solution
I have tested KLAS v2 using FSX Acceleration on Win7 64bit. I have only included a few Acceleration scenery objects. users who do not have Acceleration installed will not see the extra objects. All other scenery objects are FSX SP1/SP2 default and should be visible to all users. I believe this scenery will work with FSX Sp2 and Acceleration, but I can only provide support for users with Acceleration.
While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KLAS works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
CREDITS: KLAS v2 was created using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.50.18 Pro). The approach code was updated using FAA approach plates and ADE V1.50.18. A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. None of my approaches would be possible without Jim's coding.
A special thanks to Jim Dhaenens for use of his lights with freeware packages.
The archive klas_2011_ka.zip has 19 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Allegiant ramp.gif||11.28.11||187.97 kB|
|new cargo.gif||11.28.11||395.10 kB|
|Option 1||12.05.11||0 B|
|Option 2||12.05.11||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.