Coming soon from Just Flight and Aeroplane Heaven is Lancaster, featuring sixteen aircraft in the Avro Lancaster series of WWII heavy bombers. For full details, click on Read More.
Some exciting news for fans of older aircraft is that Just Flight and Aeroplane Heaven are about to release a Lancaster expansion for Flight Simulator. Alex Ford - Publishing Director of Just Flight commented "We were very pleased with the Spitfire expansion that Aeroplane Heaven put together and so they were obviously first choice for the Lanc. We're aware that the Lancaster holds an important place in the nation's hearts and from what we've seen so far our Lancaster expansion will be the definitive version for anyone wanting to fly one on their PC." Lancaster will also contain a Mosquito and the features will place it at the leading edge of flight simulation design.
The Avro Lancaster is probably the most iconic heavy bomber of WWII and rates alongside the Spitfire as one of the most recognised. The supreme combat aircraft designers at Aeroplane Heaven have carefully crafted this aircraft with due respect and memory to the tireless crews who flew in them. Lancaster will be supplied in a variety of Mk's and liveries and all come with detailed crew stations that you can select to fly the aircraft from - historic scenery of some of the more notable locations that the Lancaster is associated with is also included. As a fantastic bonus a fully featured Dh Mosquito is included for your reconnaissance/Pathfinder flights.
- Lancaster Mk1 "Standard" - 3 liveries.
- Lancaster Mk1 "Special" 617 Dambusters with Upkeep mine ("bouncing bomb") - 2 liveries.
- Lancaster Mk1 "Special" with Grand Slam ('earthquake') bomb - 1 livery.
- Lancaster MkII with Hercules radial engines - 2 liveries.
- Lancaster MkIII "Standard" with 'H2S' radar installation - 2 liveries.
- Lancaster MkIII Aeronavale - 3 liveries.
- Battle of Britain Flight BMF in modern configuration - 1 livery.
- Lancaster prototype - 1 livery.
- Dehavilland Mosquito - Pathfinder/Recon.
Scenery of RAF Scampton
The Lancaster is supplied with four main aircraft selectable virtual cockpits:
Each Pilot station is equipped with ALL-NEW "smooth gauge" technology for added realism!
- Pilot and Navigator Stations
- Pilot, front turret and bomb-aiming stations
- Navigator, Radio Ops
- Pilot station only
High quality sound set
- Relive the heady sounds of the massive engines.
- Operating sliding windows.
- Operating rear crew door revealing flare chute.
- Operating clear-view quarter lights.
- All switches and controls in cockpit including weapons bay door control, bomb jettison are operable.
- Working armour plate headrest, swing out Radar kit, Navigators seat and folding engineer's seat.
- Fully functional Engineer's panel.
- Working turret controls to pan the turret and elevate the guns from the turret virtual cockpit.
- The Bomb aimer's station is fully equipped with working auto-turn control, bomb arming switches, timers, bomb computer, and bomb release.
- Retracting Landing lights.
- The airframe has correct flap operation all highly detailed, working automatic elevator counter mass tabs, rudder trim tabs and the correct gear retraction sequence.
- The mid upper turret rotates and the guns elevate and depress correctly to match the anti-strike track on the collar.
- Full crew figures (depending on the variant selected) with animated pilot, bomb-aimer and mid-upper gunner.
- Operating bomb bay doors with fully detailed bomb loads
- Bombs can be armed and will drop properly and realistically with a characteristic 'wobble' on the smaller 250 and 500 pounders.
- The Upkeep mine will spin and drop.
- The Grand Slam will drop realistically.
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: TBA
MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS: PC with 2.0 GHz equivalent or higher processor, DVD-ROM drive, 512Mb RAM, 64Mb DirectX 8.1 compatible video card
About Just Flight
Just Flight is the world's leading flight simulation specialist, publishing a wide variety of digital aviation products. Their range comprises a multitude of different titles, including stand alone flight simulations as well as add-ons for Microsoft's multi-million selling Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator. Just Flight also has Just Trains, a specialist label devoted to stand alone train simulators as well as add-ons for the ever-popular Microsoft Train Simulator.
A British company, based in Cambridge, Just Flight has been established for ten years. It prides itself on quality, value and customer service, which it backs up with a unique money-back guarantee on all its products.