Precision Descent Planner is a utility for Windows PCs and Palm PDAs that is useful for determining descent profiles.
Precision Descent Planner is a program useful for determining descent profiles and planning a precision descent to a waypoint. It can quickly and accurately calculate a descent profile for aircraft up to FL450. The current version uses ground speed or indicated airspeed, and produces optimized rates for precision descents to meet crossing restrictions.
An easy and effective tool for making descent planning easier than before, this allows for better management than beforehand. This helps you to avoid having to get the mathematical equations out and start to develop a plan of action. It’s a simple tool that many people turn to when they need effective and easy descent calculations in seconds.
We don’t always have time to work it all out and get planning on the hop, so this works for those who are short on time.
When you use this tool, you can ensure that:
- You have easy control for any flight simulation that you undertake, planning descents with precision and care all the way through.
- There is no challenge involved in using this software as it utilizes advanced optimization algorithms for quick, effective accuracy.
- Descent profiles are made to be as precise as possible to ensure all provided information makes estimation obsolete.
- Calculate descent rates in a matter of seconds, ensuring you are never off track when it comes to landing your aircraft without putting yourself at risk.
- You can also make use of some newly added descent rates which are standardized, giving you a basic template to work from.
- Works with all typical computers, laptops, and PDAs for simple and effective management.
- Descent paths are optimized to try and avoid any and all crossing restrictions.
Many virtual pilots are still making use of this expert tool more than a decade on after its initial release to make flying as easy as possible!
Now, you can too. Be sure to try out the Precision Descent Planner to start getting back to the ground with the minimum of fuss. If you are looking for a planner that’s easy to use and delivers accurate messages, this is definitely the starting point.
You may find our Knowledge Center useful for tutorials and tips.