FS2004 Capital Airlines Douglas DC-3
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.17 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 28 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default DC3 in Capital Airlines livery. Capital was a regional airline operating in the central/eastern portion of the USA. Capital later was merged with United Airlines. By Dale De Luca.
Screenshot of Capital Airlines Douglas DC-3 on runway.
I should point out that this repaint is not totally accurate. The default DC3 does not have both right and left wing bmps nor does it have both right and left side rudder bmps therefore it is not possible to add serial numbers or airline logo on the wings or rudder. The livery is accurate in other respects. I hope you enjoy my repaint.
- Unzip DC3K4CX.ZIP to a temporary folder. You should find you unpack a folder 'Betsy'.
- In your 'Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/Douglas_DC3' folder, make a copy of the folder 'texture'.
- Name it 'texture.Capital.
- Within your download, you'll find a folder of the same name. Move the contents to the new folder you have just created and overwrite as prompted.
- Back up your AIRCRAFT.CFG file (found in your 'Douglas_DC3' folder).
- Open AIRCRAFT.CFG with a text editor. Paste the following under your last [flightsim.xxx] entry:
[fltsim.xxx] (....change this number to the next in sequence)
title=Douglas DC-3 Capital Airlines
description=Capital Airlines was a regional carrier opperating primarily in the Eastern part of the United States. It opperated a large fleet of DC3s and DC4s....and later Lockheed Constellations. It was the first US Airline to take delivery of the Vickers Viscount, the first turbo prop airline in service in the USA. Capital Airlines was purchased by United Airlines with most of her fleet being mothballed, and all of the Viscounts were repainted in the United livery.
- Save the file. You're done; she will appear in your aircraft selection menu accordingly.
The archive capital.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Capital DC3.jpg||08.28.03||26.20 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.