FSX Robben Island Airstrip Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 19.16 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 10 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
(AX78), South Africa. Robben Island is an island in Table Bay, some seven kilometers off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa. The name is Dutch for "Seal Island". Robben Island is roughly oval shaped with a disused gravel airstrip. It is of particular note as it was here that former South African President and Nobel Laureate Nelson Mandela and former South African President Kgalema Motlanthe, alongside many other political prisoners were imprisoned. During the Second World War, the island was fortified and guns were installed as part of the defenses for Cape Town. Please install FSXWORX01.ZIP, FSXWORX02.ZIP, and the updates before this scenery. By Hannes Steyn, Martin du Preez, Aeroworx.
Aerial view of Robben Island Airstrip scenery.
- This scenery will work best with the Aeroworx mesh. Mesh for Southern Africa 0604,0605,0704 and 0705 and Detailed Terrain features for South Africa by Aeroworx (Be sure do download all Parts)
- The level of the many dams and other vector data have been fine-tune to the elevations of the Aeroworx FSX Mesh.
- You may still find some default dams to be sunken into the ground or sitting on elevated surfaces.
The archive fsxworx05upd1.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.