FSX P-51 Racer Cripes 'A Mighty
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.09 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only. A repaint of the P-51 Mustang Racer to resemble the P-51D "Cripes 'A Mighty". This repaint requires the P51 Racer in FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold. Repaint by John Barner.
Screenshot of P-51 Racer 'Cripes 'A Mighty' on the ground.
- Unzip the p51cripes.zip file to a temporary folder.
- Open your airplanes folder in FSX and find and open the folder "P51_Racer".
- Open the temporary folder and find the folder named "Texture.cripes". Copy this folder and paste into the folder "P51_Racer".
- Open the "Aircraft.cfg" file (make a backup copy first). Cut and paste the text below into the cfg file underneath the last [fltsim.*] entry (change the xx to the next number).
title=P51 Racer Cripes
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
description="This race-modified North American P-51D wrings extra performance out of one of the best-performing fighters of World War II. The racer's reduced wingspan provides better low-level maneuverability and reduced drag. But this race aircraft attacks the pylons at Reno not with guns, but with more than 3,000 horsepower. Its Rolls-Royce Merlin V-12 is tricked out to produce twice the power of the factory Merlin engine."
The archive p51cripes.zip has 15 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Read Me First.txt||01.07.13||2.53 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.