FSX Acceleration Curtiss P40K
The P-40K was the heaviest of the P-40 family. It served mainly in the Pacific theater and in China. It should have been the last model of the P-40 produced, but troubles with the P-60 program left production capacity available at the Curtiss factories, so the production of P-40s was continued...
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.89 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The P-40K was the heaviest of the P-40 family. It served mainly in the Pacific theater and in China. It should have been the last model of the P-40 produced, but troubles with the P-60 program left production capacity available at the Curtiss factories, so the production of P-40s was continued despite the obvious weaknesses of the model. Gmax model by A.F. Scrub.
Screenshot of Curtiss P40K in flight.
- Unzip " P-40K" into a temporary file and move the "P-40K" folder into the main Aircraft directory.
- Read instructions carefully when installing the gauges , say YES...when asked if the gauges sources should be trusted. If you say no....most of the gauges are not going to work!
- Leave all gauges in the P-40K panel folder.
- Copy the effects into the Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator ...\effects folder.
- Landing light is triggered by CTRL+L, all other lights use panel light shift+L.
- Exhaust effects use wing/taxi/logo.
If having trouble with prop and cockpit transparencies in FSX acceleration, copy the glass.dds and propdisk. dds files from the Acceleration.texture into the P-40F texture folder.
Special thanks to:
- K. Malinowski for the fuselage/wings textures.
- GMAX for the drawing program and Microsoft for their makmdls.mdk.
The archive curtiss_p40k.zip has 47 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|in flight.jpg||01.06.13||212.90 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.