Created by volcanic eruptions, Iceland is famous for its stunning glaciers, spurting geysers, boiling mud pools, striking volcanoes, and waterfalls. The country was in the news in 2010 – many people will remember Iceland’s Eyjafjallajökull volcano eruption in April 2010, which caused massive disruption to air travel throughout western and northern Europe.
Due to its natural beauty, Iceland is a dream playground to adventure seekers and an inspiration to photographers and artists. Iceland is Europe's second biggest island following Great Britain, and is the least densely populated country in Europe.
Due to the country’s rugged terrain, air transport is the best way to travel across the island – it offers the best opportunity to see the country’s beautiful landscape. There are 99 airports in Iceland, most of which are very small.
Now here is your chance to enjoy all the beauty Iceland has to offer with Aerosoft’s latest release – Iceland X for FSX.
- Covers the entire island
- High resolution mesh
- Textures that suit various land classes in Iceland – clearly depicting all the features
- Many roads, rivers, lakes, geysers, and other usual Icelandic landmarks – all vividly portrayed
- An accurate presentation of islands and coastlines
- Innovative waterfall effects
- Seasonal changes for the entire year are reflected
- All airports are included
- Airports show custom buildings and layout
- Highly detailed airport scenery for Akureyri, Reykjavik, Egilsstadir, Vestmannaeyjar, and Isafjordur
- Scenery for keys landmarks, harbors and villages around Iceland
- Snow and other weather effects
- Includes Dynamic AI ship and air traffic (VFR aircraft)
- High resolution map
Iceland X for FSX offers you a bird eye’s view of this breathtaking country. With the seasonal change capability in this add-on, you can enjoy the lush green landscape in summer and the magnificent landscape in the winter.
As the world’s 18th biggest island, Iceland’s main island measures 39,315 sq mi (101,826 km2), and there are 30 smaller islands in the country. Glaciers and lakes account for 15% of Iceland’s total area. About 25% of the area is vegetated.
Iceland’s 5,000 km long coastline is spectacular – it is punctuated by several fjords. Iceland’s interior, known as the Highlands of Iceland, is uninhabitable due to extensive lava fields and mountains. As a result, most settlements are along the coastline. You can enjoy all this spectacular beauty from up in the air with Iceland X.
Many people dream of going to Iceland, among several other beautiful places on earth, but never get the opportunity. Iceland X gives you the opportunity to explore and enjoy Iceland from up in the air.
Aerosoft has accomplished a major achievement with Iceland X – all the main airports in pockets of populated areas are portrayed vividly. A beautiful landscape with volcanoes, waterfalls and glaciers as well as massive barren and uninhabited landmass means that there is plenty for you to see. From a high altitude, you can see Iceland’s ruggedness and natural beauty of landscape.
Iceland X gives you an opportunity to hope into an aircraft and let your eyes feat on the beautiful, unspoiled and stunning Iceland scenery!