FSX US Navy VFC-111 Sundowners F-5 Tiger II
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 24.38 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a repaint of Tim Conrad's F5 Freedom Fighter updated for Flight Simulator X. This aircraft is painted in Composite Fighter Squadron VFC-111 livery. The Sundowners is a US Navy Reserve adversary squadron based at Naval Air Station Key West. Currently, it operates 18 Northrop F-5 Tiger-IIs, of which 17 are single-seater F-5Ns and the remainder being a twin-seater F-5F, which was dubbed "FrankenTiger". Aircraft has a new 2D and 3D Cockpit . Textures and upgrades by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.
Screenshot of US Navy VFC-111 Sundowners F-5 Tiger II in flight.
To install this aircraft:
As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " F-5 VFC-111 " folder and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSx\SIM Objects /Aircraft".
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will contain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
- Gauges file goes in the game gauges folder.
Make sure all files are unzipped the New Plane folder should contain 6 files unzipped they are CFG Airfile Sound Model Texture Panel the New Plane folder with the 6 files goes in the game aircraft folder found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes follow the path ie open the c drive then open program files then open Microsoft Games then open Microsoft Flight Simulator X then open SimObjects then open Airplanes folder the New Plane goes in that folder.
The archive vfc-111.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|F-5 Tiger II VFC-111.zip||11.27.11||14.46 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||11.27.11||3.19 kB|
|Screenshot VFC111.jpg||11.27.11||37.77 kB|
|VFC-111 History.zip||11.27.11||1.58 MB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.