FSX SAAF North American Harvard 7526
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.53 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Reworked/upgraded textures for the Eckert/Carter/Flahault North American T-6G Texan (for FSDS_T-6.ZIP; need FSDS_T-6UPDATE.ZIP), representing the classic SAAF livery. The SAAF operated Harvards from 1940 until Friday 17 November 1995 when, to celebrate the aircraft's 55 years' service, 55 Harvards took part in a final flypast at AFB Langebaanweg. This aircraft has often been seen on the airshow circuit flying as ZU-BAL. By Grant MacLean.
Screenshot of SAAF North American Harvard 7526 in flight.
Although, starting from the model's spinner and cockpit frames working on back thro' texture mapping problems, the repaint isn't a 100% accurate reflection of the real thing, the model's a fine one and seemed to need a SAAF version ...
- Extract/unzip the SAAFHVD.ZIP file into a temporary folder.
- Move the folder TEXTURE.SAAF to the North American T-6 folder in the FSX Airplanes folder
- Copy the text between the asterisks below into the AIRCRAFT.CFG file in your North American T-6 folder, at the end of the previous [fltsim.X] entries, replacing the 'X' in [fltsim.X] with the next sequential number.
title=SAAF Harvard 7526 (ZU-BAL)
ui_manufacturer=North American Aviation
Repaint by Grant MacLean.
The archive saafhvd.zip has 39 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|TEXANwingR_t - Copy.dds||01.13.12||4.00 MB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.