FSX The Thames Barrier P3D Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 584.76 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The Thames Barrier, UK, for ORBX EU England, v1.0. This scenery adds the Thames Barrier to ORBX EU England Regional scenery package. The Thames Barrier is the world's second-largest movable flood barrier and is located downstream of central London, United Kingdom. Its purpose is to prevent London from being flooded by exceptionally high tides and storm surges moving up from the sea. It needs to be raised (closed) only during high tide; at ebb tide it can be lowered to release the water that backs up behind it. Not tested with default FSX or any other setup. You must have ORBX EU England regional scenery to use the compiled scenery files as intended. By Bryan Wallis.
Aerial view of The Thames barrier.
What is in the Package:
- Static Object for the Thames Barrier.
- A placement file that properly positions the barrier to its approximate real life location.
You must have commercially available regional scenery addon Orbx EU England installed for this scenery to work as intended. The scenery has not been tested with default FSX or UT Europe. This scenery package will work with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D in the same way as FSX as long as you have used the dual installer provided by Orbx to install into P3D.
- Unzip this package to a temporary location or directly into your FSX Addon Scenery folder.
- Copy the "Thames Barrier" folder or cut and paste into your "Addon Scenery" folder or wherever you save your addon sceneries. Add (activate) this folder to your scenery library the usual way. NOTE: This scenery layer MUST be located in a priority above all Orbx scenery in the scenery library.
- This scenery must be above all of your FTX Orbx scenery folders in priority. If you have set an insertion point using FTX Central, you will not have to worry about this folder location accidently moving to a lower priority with any future installation of Orbx scenery.
The archive thames_barrier.zip has 17 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|File ID.txt||01.26.13||862 B|
|README First!!.txt||01.26.13||2.60 kB|
|thames barrier 2.jpg||01.26.13||109.50 kB|
|thames barrier.jpg||01.26.13||172.00 kB|
|Thames Barrier||01.26.13||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.