FS2004 BEA Douglas DC-3
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.2 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 11 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures for the default DC3 in British European Airways livery. Base metal textures by Mark Beaumont. Repainted by Dale DeLuca.
Screenshot of BEA Douglas DC-3 in flight.
I should point out that this repaint is not totally accurate. The default DC3 does not have both right and left wing bmps nor does it have both right and left side rudder bmps therefore it is not possible to add serial numbers or airline logo on the wings and the airline logo on the rudder must be in reverse on one side....sorry about that. The livery is accurate in other respects. I hope you enjoy my repaint.
- Unzip BEADC3.ZIP to a temporary folder.
- In your 'Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/Douglas_DC3' folder, make a copy of the folder 'texture'.
- Name it 'texture.BEA.
- Within your download, you'll find 7 bmp textures Move them to the new folder you have just created.
- Back up your AIRCRAFT.CFG file (found in your 'Douglas_DC3' folder).
- Open AIRCRAFT.CFG with a text editor. Paste the following under your last [flightsim.xxx] entry:
[fltsim.xxx] (....change this number to the next in sequence)
title=Douglas DC-3 British European Airways
ui_variation="British European Airways"
description=="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."
- Save the file. You're done; she will appear in your aircraft selection menu accordingly.
The archive beadc3.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|BEA DC3.jpg||10.05.03||15.88 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.