FS2004 Douglas DC-3 Flight Dynamics
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 17.25 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Corrected flight dynamics for the default DC3, version 7. By Trev Morson.
Screenshot of Douglas DC-3 in flight.
Back up your default aircraft.cfg first and rename to aircraft.bak Install this one to replace the one you renamed.
I have adjusted the default Microsoft DC-3 to be more realistic. I get to fly our own DC-3 'N763A' quite often. So I feel somewhat qualified to be able to present these flight dynamic adjustments.
There are a few 'alleged' fixes out there already, however I have tried them and found some flaws with them, so I did my own according to my DC-3 flight experience.
This Aircraft.cfg file features the following:
- The DC-3 will now not level itself out on a coordinated turn. (This was the biggest issue and is now fixed.)
- Flaps now have a little more drag when used. (Will realistically slow down for landings and you wont roll down the runway so much.)
- Differential braking now has a little more power. (Will realistically allow for tighter turns during taxi.)
- The DC-3 itself now has a little more power. (Default version is underpowered and used up too much runway, and default version cruise speed was a little low.)
- Corrected Manifold pressure from 47" to 48" full power. (Default version had it slightly wrong.)
- Fuel is now down to 200 per tank. (Default has version was a little over.)
- All control surfaces, ailerons, rudder and elevators have delay. (There is a certain lag time when flying a DC-3 and it now shows with these corrections which delays your input to the controls.)
- Elevator trim is fixed. (To much play in the default elevator trim , it is now fixed with less play and also has a delay/lag effect).
- Rudder trim now with delay/lag.
- Aileron trim now with delay/lag.
- Correct fuel burn, DC-3 will burn exactly 90 gph during cruise of 2050 rpm, 30" Map, Auto Lean.
- Manifold pressure will decrease 1" per 1000 feet after reaching 2,000 feet altitude.
- Exactly 140 kias on full tanks at 9,000' ASL.
- Added Strobe Lights to the wings.
- Adjusted steering (just a tad) for better taxiing.
- Prop (rpm) and Power (map) throttles interact correctly. Took off some delay with ailerons and rudder. Removed some drag and pitch up from the flaps. Added more brake power to the differentials.
- Added working light to nose light.
I have also added a corrected DC-3 reference that is "PERFECT". This goes into your main FS2004\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3 folder.
Hopefully this will fix ALL issues and folks are welcome to make changes and re-upload as long as credit is given to this original.
The archive best-dc3.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.